Saturday, September 28, 2013

Makeup tutorial: 60's eyes and why I love the 60's

Before I start with all my writing, here is the sketch:
Excess of eyeliner and mascara :)
I totally and absolutely love Edie Sedgwick, Twiggy, Audrey Hepburn, Catherine Deneuve, Jean Shrimpton, Nancy Sinatra, Natalie Wood, Paulene Stone and Sharon Tate, Brigitte Bardot, just to mention a few (there were many fashion icons, I'm just mentioning my favorites and it is hard to choose).

It was an era of changes in politics (first time a presidential debate was on TV), technology (first men in Space), music and arts (The Beatles "boom" America, and Truman Capote and Andy Warhol make their big appearance, for example) economy, medicine (first heart transplant), fashion (the miniskirt appeared in the mid 60's, and later on psychedelic clothes), the media started to grow, the movies were each time more controverted (who could forger Psycho, The Sound of Music, 2001: A Space Odyssey, The Graduate, Mary Poppins, The birds, Rosemary's baby, West Side Story, Lolita, Planet of the Apes, My fair Lady, Bonnie and Clyde, 8 1/2, Night of the Living Dead, Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf?, Oliver!, Persona, Belle de Jour, Repulsion, The fearless vampire killers...-and many, many more-).
It was an era of changes, an era of feminist and gay liberation (Hurray straight, bi and gay people! ), student movements, an era that wanted to fight against war, against race conflicts, and for new and better rights for everybody (Hurray black, yellow, pink, white and brown people!! Hurray mixtures! ❤ ).
And of course not everything was gold, there were lots of assassinations, war (of course), and political conflicts, but what era doesn't have them? And still, even though I could talk for hours on the sad and conflictive parts of the 60's, I'd rather stay with the cute and nice parts, that totally made a difference in the world in before and after the 60's.
And back in fashion and beauty, there are a couple of things that I totally love. The makeup parameters changed and instead of ultra red lips and nails, the eyeshadow took many different colors, the eyes became bigger, the eyeliner became a star! And I have a crush on the 60's ultra thick eyeliner making the eyes look huge! Just as Audrey Hepburn, Brigitte Bardot, Catherine Denevue, Twiggy and Edie Sedgwick. The fake eyelashes were in their boom (I need to get some), and well, I love the super feminine chic style!! :)
Anyway, inspired in some of my icons that also had a crush for massive childish eyes, here is the makeup tutorial of today. I hope I didn't bore you with all my time traveling journey :)

Before: Prepare your skin with primer, concealer, foundation and if you want a little bit of powder to avoid shine.

The eyes:


Cheeks and lips:

The final result:



The muses, divas, icons, inspirations:

Audrey Hepburn:

Brigitte Bardot:

Catherine Deneuve:

Twiggy:

Edie Sedgwick:
I  love them all!! 

If you like this blog, I invite you to like my FB :) It would mean a lot to me! Daily updates and the best pictures!!! https://www.facebook.com/Dhariascloset

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really appreciate all your comments!